How to configure adding another upload host

Jan 15, 2012 at 5:46 AM
Edited Jan 17, 2012 at 6:09 AM

#1 Would like to be able to add my favorite host sites:
 where there is NO EXPIREY DATE with inactivity.
But when I click "Add a location" it will add the host site to the menuitems but when you click on it then it just uploads to the default host site. I don't know how to configure it so that it will actually  upload to my other host choices.

#2 How do I have a menuitem for imgur and imageshack so that if I want to switch back and forth without having to make changes in the options with each switch? If I have the imgur as default and add imageshack as another menuitem choice then when I click on imageshack it just uploads to default imgur.

#3 Still would like a menuitem for history and options. Maybe an option to have either show/not show in the menuitem in case some want to keep the menuitem menu less cluttered and more simple.

Thankyou

Coordinator
Jan 15, 2012 at 7:50 AM

To upload to other sites I would have to add them myself because the API for each is different. And it would need a public API for me to add the option. The Locations are for what you are asking for in #2: You can set one as imageshack and one as imgur and then you get a submenu whenever you want to rehost an image.

I don't think I'd be showing the history in the menu item. Maybe an optional toolbar button or menu option to open the settings window (which contains the history).

Jan 16, 2012 at 7:08 AM
Edited Jan 16, 2012 at 7:43 AM

Okay I understand #2 now thankyou.

#1 Don't know if the other sites have API but could you please consider adding them because they don't have expirey dates of the uploaded images that have been inactive. imgur expires 6months with inactivity and imageshack expires 1yr with inactivy.

EDITED:

Imageshack no longer will upload animated gifs unless you pay for premium. It will upload but only show as one static frame. So would like another 3rd default choice where the image url will not expire at all and will upload animated gifs.

Thankyou for this addon.

Coordinator
Jan 16, 2012 at 4:58 PM

I will only add hosting for sites with a public API. I didn't see one for the sites you posted.

May 6, 2012 at 1:57 AM

Could you please add http://minus.com/
This one you can upload enormously huge images where as imgur and imageshack are capped at about 1mb or 2mb. Thankyou for this addon.

Coordinator
May 6, 2012 at 2:49 AM

Look at that; it has a public API. I'll put it on the list of stuff to do, though I don't guarantee I'll get to it any time soon. Busy with other projects.