imageshack api error

Coordinator
Mar 8, 2012 at 2:36 PM

I'm not getting that error. Are you sure your Registration Code in settings is correct?

Coordinator
Mar 8, 2012 at 4:44 PM

Well imageshack anonymous upload is working for me as well on two different computers. What do your settings look like?

Coordinator
Mar 8, 2012 at 5:21 PM

I've replicated your settings completely but I'm still not seeing the error. Though I have a suspicion about what might be going on. They could be switching around the main page/API endpoints so now the upload URL I'm using requires a developer key on the specific server that you're using. I have a possible fix in mind.

Coordinator
Mar 10, 2012 at 7:26 PM

Try out 1.5.5 and see if that fixes your problem.

Coordinator
Mar 10, 2012 at 7:42 PM

Shoot. What OS are you running? What other extensions do you have installed?

Coordinator
Mar 10, 2012 at 7:53 PM

Hmm I don't see any red flags there. I'm also on Win 7 and both anonymous and registered ImageShack upload is working for me, and I'm exactly following the documented upload API. Don't know what the deal is.

Coordinator
Mar 10, 2012 at 8:24 PM

Yeah, you're right I don't get an update email when posts are edited, only on new replies. I'm running FF 10.0.2 here and it's working for me... I think PC1 is just having some connection issues. Proxy settings, maybe? You could also try creating a fresh profile on PC1 and see if it was some setting or extension incompatibility.

Coordinator
Mar 12, 2012 at 3:56 PM

On PC1? Registered imageshack is working for me in 1.5.5 on both my home and work computer. :/

Coordinator
Mar 12, 2012 at 6:37 PM

You might try checking your proxy settings on that computer: Options -> Advanced -> Network -> Connection -> Settings. Or it might be an upstream problem you can't control.

But the bottom line is there's nothing I can do if I can't reproduce it.

Coordinator
Mar 12, 2012 at 10:42 PM

The downloads page lists all the old versions.

Mar 16, 2012 at 1:02 PM
Edited Mar 16, 2012 at 1:10 PM

Just this morning with 1.5.5 uploading to my ImageShack user account (not anonymously), I started to experience the "Upload failed/0" and "Connection to server failed" error dialogs on both my home and office desktop. The rehost add-on was working without issue yesterday on both machines, which are on completely different ISPs. I quickly found this thread and tried reverting to 1.5.4, and found it immediately worked properly again on both machines (I'm remote-desktopped to the home machine at the moment). When I reinstalled 1.5.5 it broke again, and when I again reverted to 1.5.4, it began working again (no changes to any of my settings, which are to use my ImageShack reg code). It looks like I'll be staying at 1.5.4 for now.

Coordinator
Mar 16, 2012 at 2:43 PM

Well now it's not working for me either. Will take a look at it pretty soon.

Coordinator
Mar 17, 2012 at 10:35 PM

Started looking at it and it's working for me now. Bah.

Mar 18, 2012 at 1:32 AM

Yeah, 1.5.5 is working for me again now as well, so it's intermittent. If one of the chief changes from 1.5.4 to 1.5.5 was to use HTTPS, I wonder if their port 443 is periodically swamped. Or if that's even a thing -- I don't know enough about SSL to know whether might be configurable capacity limits for the split of HTTP and HTTPS connections on a server.

Coordinator
Mar 18, 2012 at 4:31 PM

Here's a private build of Rehost Image using HTTP rather than HTTPS to upload to imageshack: http://engy.us/misc/RehostImage.xpi . Maybe you can give it a try next time it goes out.

Mar 18, 2012 at 6:36 PM
RandomEngy wrote:

Here's a private build of Rehost Image using HTTP rather than HTTPS to upload to imageshack: http://engy.us/misc/RehostImage.xpi . Maybe you can give it a try next time it goes out.

Saved. Will do.