Imgur log in / Firefox saved passwords issue (1.5.9)

Jun 1, 2013 at 1:16 PM
I am experiencing a very strange issue. Rehost Image will, with no apparent trigger, recurringly report itself signed in to Imgur as Administrator, stating "Signed in as Administrator" in the configuration screen. When this happens images won't upload until signing out. Even stranger is that at the same time this happens Firefox will forget all saved passwords. I have strong reason to believe the issues are related as they not only occur virtually simultaneously, but having downgraded to Rehost Image 1.5.8 both issues disappeared, whereas before they occurred several times a day.

I'm running latest Firefox from the release update channel on Windows 7 32-bit, experiencing no other issues.
Coordinator
Jun 1, 2013 at 3:39 PM
Someone else was having some Imgur login issues that were resolved when they cleared out all imgur cookies. Can you try that?
Jun 1, 2013 at 4:10 PM
Forgot to mention, the first thing i tried was deleting all imgur cookies; no change. However, i should note i wasn't logged into imgur to begin with, neither through the extension or the website. I haven't tried, nor could think of other remedies except the mentioned downgrade to 1.5.8
Coordinator
Jun 3, 2013 at 1:03 AM
Wonder if this is another extension conflicting with the new version of Rehost Image. I had to make some updates to support the Imgur V3 API.

What extensions do you have installed?
Jun 16, 2013 at 11:27 AM
Edited Jun 16, 2013 at 11:29 AM
Sorry for the late response, i got somewhat sidetracked, and since 1.5.8 was working fine, ended up neglecting this temporarily. About an hour ago i created a new Firefox profile. I installed Rehost Image 1.5.9 and no other extensions, saved a couple of passwords and went on browsing. After about 30 minutes i tried uploading an image, getting an error. I checked the extension settings and it was reporting "Signed in as Administrator". At this point the saved passwords were working and still present. The moment i signed out from the supposed Administrator account the passwords were gone. So i can safely conclude the issue is not due to extension conflicts. I should note that after i saved the mentioned passwords, i unchecked "Save passwords for sites" as is my habit, since i don't use the feature but for a select few sites where i want an automatic login, however this shouldn't, and otherwise does not have an effect on the already saved passwords.
Coordinator
Jun 16, 2013 at 4:34 PM
Thanks for your persistence on this. From your repro steps I found a bug that was introduced when moving some settings around (curse you Javascript and your un-safety!) that I've fixed in 1.5.10.
Jun 17, 2013 at 8:29 AM
Edited Jun 17, 2013 at 8:30 AM
I'm glad i could help. It only occurred to me now that there might be a further connection between the passwords purge and the phantom imgur Administrator log in. One of my saved passwords, and in fact the first password i ever save, is for my router, where the log in username is "Administrator". I hope that sheds some additional light.
Coordinator
Jun 17, 2013 at 3:06 PM
Yes that makes sense. I was passing in some parameters to access saved passwords and had a couple arguments to scope them down to my app. Those arguments were pointing to an old location where there was nothing so Firefox dutifully gave me back all saved passwords. And when it cleared them on logout, it deleted all of them (which I'm kind of surprised Firefox let me do).

I think it worked for me in testing because I don't use the password manager except for Rehost Image.